Monday, January 21, 2008

Redding Life

Life in Redding Calif. (as experienced and noted by me).


01/21/2008
What a truly gorgeous day it is here upon my fine mountain top. I realize that I live higher up than some of my fellow Reddingnites, as well as below some others, but I do so love my weather here! I rarely become too overheated in the Summer, (w/swamp cooler of course), and dispite a few bouts with some minor snow, I am usually kept warmed through the winter. I understand how lucky I am and my heart goes out to those without. I feel so lucky to live in this part of the world, in this exact spot even!

I am not that able to get about, my gardening is tanamount to physical therapy. So, today was the day to prune my roses, I went about my task even as a light snow was falling around me. I know that they need to be done now. I am proud to say I completed my task and managed to do so without injury! :)

My second project today has been to prepare my "carnitas", this is the meat I will use to make taquitos in the next day or so. In the meantime we will have burritos for dinner tonight and then likely tacos tommarrow. This is how I handle a lot of meals with a minnimum of preperation. When I was younger this was just to save money and time, now it is mostly to trim my efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice OR BE GONE! Positive Energy Begets Positive Results! Thank You!